The Lighthouse Story - Part One



Well, it is the last day to Say we can officially say Happy New Year as we enter the second month of 2019. Wow! January went fast.

As I reflect on the past year, I am truly Thankful. I am thankful for my loving  wife Teresa. Thankful that one year after a diagnosis of breast cancer she is now cancer free. I am thankful for her positive spirit and steadfast growing faith through adversity.


I am thankful for the gift of five children. Andrew and peter helping in the business, Michaela beginning her career teaching 7th grade in Los Banos, Joseph in his junior year of college at Humboldt State and Grace, a junior at Del Oro High School.


Eleven years ago I knew it was time for me to leave the corporate world.  My career started after college as an owner of Subway Sandwiches in Tahoe City California. I had five years as a Franchise owner, Ten years with Starbucks Coffee and 4 years With Chipotle Mexican Grill.

In 2008 we moved to Rocklin and I began working at REI. I found myself still longing for independence. REI provided insurance and part time work allowing me to begin a  small window cleaning business. At first it was a means to earn a bit of extra money A year later I found I was busy most of the time out washing windows. At the end of the day I would head to REI to work a night shift or fill in on weekends.

While I had begun to build my Window Cleaning business, Teresa went back to school to become a Nurse. My oldest son Andrew was a Sophomore in high school and Grace was starting first grade.

At 46 six years old, I decided to leave the corporate world. In the next chapter I will begin to share some of the key learnings from  Subway, Starbucks, Chipotle and REI that have led to a successful small business working out of my Home.

My son Peter was in the 5th grade at Loomis Grammar School when we moved to Rocklin. He had a writing assignment to describe his family; it started like this, “My mom is smart and my dad works hard”



I know God is present in all things. I look forward to sharing more in my next blog including, Why The Lighthouse for the name of my business.


Lighthouse Window Cleaning is founded in faith by John Shanahan in 1996. John has built his business on hard work, integrity, and service. Lighthouse Window Cleaning now proudly serves hundreds of home owners and businesses in Placer county, Nevada County, Sacramento County and El Dorado County.

Comments

  1. look forward to hearing more on how God changed your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Excellent ! I am truly impressed that there is so much about this subject that has been revealed and you did it so nicely.Regards,
    End of lease cleaning surry hills
    End of lease cleaning Inner west
    End of lease cleaning Ultimo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is really a great post (review) to share. I really do like your review post.
    LEARN FROM SCRATCH ONLINE BEGINNER BANJO LESSON Online Banjo Lessons

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lighthouse Window Cleaning Services - More than Windows

What Does Dicing an Onion Have to Do With Window Cleaning?

Window Hard Water Spots, shower doors also