Why [Exterior] Looks Count for Retailers
Tips for the Outside: Create an Inviting Exterior and EntranceKnowing how important a store’s external appearance is, you can’t take your store’s appearance for granted. Insure that the exterior is clean and inviting each day.
- Make sure all external signage is clear, modern and compelling. Ask yourself what impression your sign makes on potential customers.
- Ensure all exterior signage lighting is working so your store name is clearly visible from the street.
- Remove all trash from the exterior of the building and sidewalks. Power wash if needed.
- Clean the parking lot.
- Professionally clean windows and remove any outdated information posted in windows and entryway,
- Sweep and clean the entryway.
- Make sure the store entry is uncluttered.
Shopping is like buying a house, If a store doesn't have “curb appeal”, a potential customer isn't going to go in. Based solely on the appearance from the street, more than two-thirds of consumers decided not to visit a business, according to a 2011 survey by Morpace, a market research and consulting firm. Other findings from this survey include:
- 95% said stores’ external appearance influences their decisions about where to shop.
- 52% said they avoided a store because of a dirty appearance from the outside.
- 39% said they won’t enter a store that doesn't “look like a place I would normally shop.”
Lighthouse Window Cleaning is founded in faith by John Shanahan in 1996. John has built his business on hard work, integrity, and service. Lighthouse Window Cleaning now proudly serves hundreds of home owners and businesses in Placer county, Nevada County, Sacramento County and El Dorado County.